Testimonials – Downside House has been in operation for over 15 years in the same ownership. Over the years we have received a great number of lovely testimonials which we have been delighted to receive and are particularly important to our staff who work so hard to provide excellent care. As this web site is new we thought we would post some recent ones :
- Since my mother has been living at Downside House she has received nothing but the best of care. The staff are lovely and very responsive to her every need. The food is delicious with plenty of choice and is presented beautifully. Her room is like her own little home and she is back in Ventnor where she has spent most of her life. There are plenty of activities to keep the residents amused and entertainment is provided. Of course this has had to be limited during the Covid 19 pandemic but hopefully things will return to normal when it is all over. In the meantime staff bend over backwards to ensure that digital contact is maintained through such things as Zoom and FaceTime. All in all I know I can rest easy with mom in such good hands and this is a great comfort to me.
I consent to the above comments being shared through social media.
(Daughter of Greta Spencer)
- Please find below my statement about my perception of Downside which I am happy for you to use on the website.
Both mum and dad have spent some time at Downside over the years, both with occasional respite and longer time care. I am always confident that they are well looked after, not just practically but with genuine care and affection.Liz
- My Aunt has been living at Downside House for 4 years she will soon be 96 .Her needs have changed in those years due to her Alzimers and mobility , yet the home caters for this and her needs are met with kindness, patience, I would even say love .It’s a happy caring home they really do try and succeed the staff are like family
Activities are planned and each person is important…It’s clean, happy , and I feel safe knowing she is there …..
This is from Lin her God daughter and is a genuine review .
- Hi Ali My Father has been at Downside care home for 18 months now and I know he feel happy there and also safe and secure. It took him a few months to really settle in but the care staff were great with the transition. The staff are always happy to see us relatives and are always cheerful and helpful with any questions I may have. I would recommend Downside to anyone looking for a care home for their relative.
(I’m happy for this to be used on any Downside literature or website ) Sally Cole
- Hi Alison Downside is a very welcoming care home; it is clean and tidy inside and out in the garden. I am always impressed with the dignity and kindness that all residents are given every time I have visited my mother. It is such a reassuring comfort to know that she is well looked after both physically and mentally.
I receive regular weekly phone calls as to the welfare of my mother and If there are any medical concerns, I am contacted to discuss the treatment and any changes that may arise.
I am always made to feel welcome when visiting Downside, any issues or concerns that I may have been responded to quickly and with full consideration.
The manager and her team have dealt with the COVID crisis in a very professional manner, putting extra measures in place and keeping relatives informed to any new government care home updates.I give my full permission for Downside Care home to use the above statement that I have written in any media they choose in the promotion of their service. Dawn Woracker.
- Good afternoon Ali,
I just wanted to thank yourself and all your staff for taking care of Dad (Rick), he’s always in a great mood when I talk to him and you can hear the way the staff talk with patience and an upbeat tone in the background.Knowing that Dad had to go into a home was vert upsetting but you have all managed to make it feel so much less of worry.The fact that you have managed to avoid infections of the Covid19 virus speaks for itself.
So a massive THANKS from all the family!
Stay safe and kind regards,